Sunday, September 1, 2013

Love

It's officially the first of September. I always feel a renewed sense of faith in life once this date arrives. This is my time - I live for late summer and fall.

Against all odds, today was a good day. Maybe it's just my underlying heady excitement, but I'm smiling nonetheless. I changed jobs recently, and working in a new city, with different people in a much faster paced environment has been quite stressful, but I finally feel like I've found my groove. The possibility of a new career track is exciting and keeps me driven. A lot of things went wrong there today; a lot of silly mistakes were made, the majority of people around me were cranky and negative - honestly it felt like the whole building had PMS. I did my best to try and lighten the mood whenever possible, and I think I found some new friends in the process. It's amazing what you're capable of when you're determined to make the best of things.

Today, I felt the pattern break. I laughed and talked, poked and prodded, fucked around with and sang to someone I barely know. These are things I haven't done in over a decade ... and knowing it put a smile on his face warmed my heart and soul.

Surprise, surprise.

1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! Congrats on your new digs!

    ReplyDelete